Friday, July 15, 2011

Boy or Girl?

Robbie wanted a boy so badly! Since day one, I have been convinced this baby was a girl. I was just completely sure. I really didn’t care too much one way or another since we have neither right now but eventually wanted one of each. I had been told good things about having a girl first and a boy first. For myself, I felt like a girl might be an easier transition into parenthood.

My mom was looking for any signs she could that this baby was going to be a girl. At the first appointment, she wanted to know the heartbeat (140). When I told her, she said, “what does that mean?? The website says about 140 is a girl and below 140 is a boy. What does it mean if it is right at 140??”. I guessed that just meant we have a 50/50 shot like everyone else J

When the big day arrived the ultrasound tech showed us it was a girl! Didn’t even need to save the tags because she was textbook girl image on the screen. Robbie laughed and shook his head. Later, waiting for the doctor he turned to me and said, “I knew it was a girl all along. Right away when you said you were pregnant, I knew.”

My parents were able to be there for the ultrasound which was really special since we are moving away and my sister lives in Nashville, TN. My mom had never seen an ultrasound since she didn’t have one with any of the four of us. It was a nice opportunity for them to see their first grandbaby in real time. When we found out it was a girl, my mom was beaming. The tech asked her if she was happy and she said, “Yes.” The tech asked her if she had wanted a girl and she said, “Yes, I figured this way I know I will get at least two grandkids!!” Sure enough, not even 15 minutes later, again while waiting for the doctor Robbie leans over to mean and says, “You know this means we have to try again right away?” My resonse, “Oh really? It does, does it?” Something tells me with our track record so far my mom may not have to wait too long for her second grandchild...

No comments:

Post a Comment