Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas stockings

Robbie's family (like most American families) hang Christmas stockings each year. Theirs happen to be a family of little stuffed animal bears. Moose (aka Brian, our brother-in-law) and I have to laugh that as the "outlaws" we were given other animals for our stockings. Moose obviously was given a moose stocking and last year I was given a puppy stocking. When we pointed out the fact that I wasn't a bear his family was adamant that this was the greatest honor they could give me - what could be better than the loyal family dog?!? After seeing how much they love their dogs over the years (they are truly part of the family) I had to agree. Baby Max was given a little bear stocking before he even arrived on the scene so, of course, this was Annabelle's year to join the little family of bear stockings. (Which causes me to wonder how a moose or a dog can produce a little bear stocking, but I digress...)

We took a few photos to commemorate the occasion and I have to post many of them because her faces just made me laugh. Funny to think that this year she was about the same size as the stockings and next year she will be big enough to be pulling them down!

Mine is the puppy, Robbie's is the bear with suspenders,
and Annabelle's is the one on the right!
I'm a little shy...
now I'm annoyed...
Where did you come from??
Feeling like I might fall off this couch...
now a little scared...
...not really sure...

everyone make silly faces...
Oh my goodness, did you see that?!?
Practicing her Uncle Seth face
If I smile, will you stop taking pictures?
I think I could get used to having these three buddies around!

No comments:

Post a Comment