Saturday, December 10, 2011

Changes, changes, changes

Yesterday I looked back through some of the photos on my phone and realized exactly how much Annabelle has changed in just 7 short weeks. She looked so tiny in her swing the first week we brought her home and all her onesies look big on her! This week I had to pack away most of her newborn clothes which made me incredibly sad. She outgrew newborn and step one diapers within the first few weeks and isn't slowing down. From day one I have promised myself I would try my hardest to enjoy each moment - good or bad - because this crazy adventure is going to go by way too fast. I remember pacing around in the basement at 3 am. the 2nd night we had her home wanting to freeze that moment in my mind because I know all too soon it will just be a distant memory and a war story I tell my kids when I want them to be more grateful...haha!

On December 2nd we went in for Bella's one month appointment (at 5 weeks). We both thought she would be around 11 1/2 pounds and were pretty close. She weighed 11 lbs. 13 oz. and is still in the 97th percentile for growth. Her length was 22 1/2" which is the 75th percentile and her head circumference is 39cm which puts her in the 80th percentile. She is a big girl! Almost every time I take her out someone will ask me how old she is and the typical response is they would have guessed she was older.

Annabelle is changing so quickly I feel like each day we have a new, unpredictable baby. We feel really fortunate because overall she is a good baby. Of course she cries and has a fussy few hours each night but we are starting to figure her out and can soothe her most of the time. One of the strange things we have discovered is that no matter how unhappy Bella is, she LOVES having her diaper changed! She can be screaming her head off and as soon as we put her on the changing table she starts to giggle and smile. Rob and I both draw out diaper changes at night when she is fussy just to have a little break from walking, bouncing, and patting her!
Smiling baby!
Most of the time she is really happy and expressive, we just love it! She giggles in her sleep, makes all kinds of happy noises, and smiles and coos at me and Robbie when we interact with her. Mornings are much better for her than evenings (which I would imagine is true with the majority of babies) and I get to spend a lot of the morning listening to her kick around and make happy noises while I run around the house. Bella is getting into a good sleeping and napping routine and started sleeping in her crib a few weeks ago. She takes most of her naps there and sleeps all night in her crib now. Most nights she will sleep 4-5 hours to start off with, waking up around 2 or 3 a.m. to eat and then finishes off the night with another 3-5 hour stretch, getting up around 7:30 or 8 a.m. Two nights in a row this week she slept 6.5 and then 7.5 hours straight. We woke up in the morning confused but feeling amazing!! 
Bella sleeping in her crib (in the wedge)
She wakes herself up if she's not swaddled but always fights to get her hands out of the swaddle.For some reason she is obsessed with having her hands in her face. The other day I found her like this:
So strong - no swaddle can contain her!!
Bella's hair has started falling out - I noticed a bald spot about 10 days ago. Now I find her hairs all over her blankets and clothes...so sad :( She will definitely have a baby mullet since the back of her hair isn't falling out like the front! Soon though, I'm sure she will be a little blondie just like her mommy and daddy were when we were little. At home during the day we work on tummy time (which she hates) and grasping things. She likes having books read to her (most of the time) and kicking around on the floor. 
Love these links!

Tummy time!

Lately she is really into sitting up, so much that at times she will cry until Rob or I hold her in our lap sitting up.
Robbie trying to multitask while holding Bella
Our little girl is growing up (way too fast in my opinion) and I'm excited for her next appointment on December 22 when we get to see how much more she has grown!

A few pictures from the last few weeks: 
Smiling at Daddy

One of my favorite outfits - Who me?

Little baby tongue
This is how I like to be carried around at night
Hey there!


No comments:

Post a Comment