Monday, October 24, 2011

"False" Labor

Saturday night in our now predictable style we went out to grab some Chinese for our "last" weekend of just the two of us (this time for real!). For the past month we have been enjoying each weekend as though it is our last which, if you know me and Robbie at all, always involves eating somewhere. We are still in search of good Chinese and Thai food restaurants so we decided to give one in Westlake a try.
While waiting for our food I started to have my first real contractions and by the time we got home they were pretty steady at 10 minutes apart. This scared Rob enough to pack his overnight bag (finally!) and we went to sleep early thinking we may have to run to the hospital sometime Sunday. Sunday morning we woke up to 8 minutes apart, went to church and came home to 6 minutes apart. This is good, right? We went on a walk and had some 4-5 minutes and then got tired of sitting on the couch timing them so we went for yet another walk to enjoy the last really nice weather day for awhile. During the walk contractions sped up to 3-4 minutes and even a few 2 minute ones thrown in. We were getting pretty excited at this point! We went back inside to time them again and they slowed WAY down...back to 6 minutes again. Yet again, we wisely decided to get some sleep in case we had to get up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep through the contractions so I went downstairs to lay on the couch and watch TV. Around 2 I decided I would try again to sleep through them since they were still at 6 minutes. When my alarm went off at 6 I jumped out of bed and oriented myself quickly remembering when I went to sleep I was in labor. Apparently not anymore! I made sure the baby was moving, went back to sleep for a few hours and called my OB's office when they opened. The nurse sympathetically told me "it can happen" and assured me it would just help with the induction tomorrow.
Robbie left for work a little bit sad. He said, "I'm just ready to hold her." Aww...how can a wife feel bad about her lack of sleep when you hear him say that? He's just so anxious! He has put together every toy he can find and laid down carpet in her basement play area this weekend (even though she won't use that area for quite some time!!). Soon enough he will hold her and make sure she is ok!
So, tomorrow is the BIG day. 7:30 a.m. we start the induction and hopefully find that my 30 hours of labor was not completely in vain! Can't wait to post a picture of baby Bella being held by her daddy after months, weeks, and hours of waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment